ICA Cristo Rey, an all-girls Catholic, college-preparatory school in San Francisco, is sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose. Our school community reflects Jesus’ care and concern for all people and we live in solidarity with our school’s foundress, Mother Maria Pia Backes, and her mission for the young, the poor, and the vulnerable.
ICA Cristo Rey is a member of the Cristo Rey Network of Schools. Our girls engage in a corporate work study experience that makes college preparatory education accessible and affordable and prepares them for professional success.
Open Teaching Positions 2021-2022 School Year
We are currently looking for the following positions for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Algebra I
- Probability and Statistics
- Conceptual Physics
- Implement a standards-based and college preparatory curriculum with appropriate student learning targets for a wide range of learners
- Design learning opportunities that build upon student knowledge and skills
- Design and administer both formal and informal assessments to measure student mastery
- Build excitement amongst students to learn math and science
- Institute an inquiry-based approach to learning
- Instruct with hands-on and/or problem-based lesson design
- Use effective, research-based instructional and classroom management practices
- Make use of STEM and technology opportunities within the Bay Area to enrich student experiences and open new opportunities for them
- Align curriculum and instruction to best meet the needs of students
- Administer effective instruction in the classroom and online environments, and move fluidly between both
- Demonstrate and promote the responsible use of technology as a learning tool
- Inspire students to be more enthusiastic and sophisticated readers and writers
- Communicate with colleagues, students, parents, and school leadership regarding student performance
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues
We look for teachers who are fired up about their lessons and are passionate about teaching and learning – who want to spend time discussing, preparing, and immersing themselves in the rich content they teach. We value teachers who truly listen to what students are saying – who create a space for students to think their way through to answers, and who praise their insights and curiosities along the way. We seek educators with a hunger for feedback and professional growth, and a dedication to excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in content area
- Experience teaching; preferably experience teaching at the college preparatory level
- Experience effectively teaching and assessing an urban, financially challenged, culturally diverse student population
- Send resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer the following questions:
- Math and Science are some of the most difficult high school classes. Describe some of your best practices that make high-school Math (or Science) accessible, exciting, relevant, and interesting to learn. (Maximum Response: 500 words)
- At ICA Cristo Rey, you will be expected to design, plan, and teach college-prep courses yet many of your students will begin high school two to three years below grade level. What will it take to accomplish this task, how will you go about it, and how will you measure success? (Maximum Response: 500 words)
Dean of Student Culture 2021-2022 School Year
At ICA Cristo Rey, we are committed to the principles of restorative justice and wholeness rather than punitive practices. The Dean of Student of Culture works collaboratively to foster the character formation and social/moral development of each ICA Cristo Rey student. The Dean is responsible for school safety, student behavior and expectations, and attendance. She/he maintains student records for attendance, tardiness, health, and behavior and serves as the liaison to the surrounding community and other schools concerning off-campus safety, behavior, and other student-life issues.
We seek professionals who are passionate about teaching and learning within the ICA Cristo Rey community. We strive to identify educators who value feedback and professional growth, and who share our dedication to excellence. Nurturing and maintaining a safe, healthy, and positive school culture are also fundamental aspects of this position.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist the Principal in the promotion of a culture of learning and respect within the school with particular attention to appropriate student behavior, positive relationships, and respect for self, others, and school property.
- Assist with the cultivation of a diverse and inclusive community through systematic programming where all students can thrive personally, socially, and academically.
- Actively promote the principles of wholeness and restorative practices when supporting students to adhere to student expectations.
- Assist in creating professional development opportunities for staff and take advantage of professional growth opportunities as a lifelong learner.
- Maintain strict confidentiality related to students and their families.
- Serve as a collaborative member of the Student Success Team and the Student Life Committee to develop strategies to support and promote the social-emotional growth, behavior, and learning needs of our students.
- Be responsible for the administration and enforcement of the student expectations according to the pillars promulgated in the student and family planner and be responsible for the annual review of revisions to the student and family planner.
- Serve as an active member of the school’s student expectations’ committee.
- Work collaboratively with the Principal, Assistant Principal, and Personal Counselor on behavior and attendance issues as they arise.
- Work collaboratively with the CWSP staff on CWSP related behavior and attendance issues.
- Maintain good, positive, two-way communication with teachers and parents regarding student expectations, appropriate attire, attendance, and tardiness issues.
- Notify Principal, Academic Counselor and Athletic Director of any behavioral action which affects student eligibility.
- Facilitate conferences with students, parents and teachers concerning issues related to student attendance and behavior.
- Assume responsibility for the maintenance and proactive management of each student’s attendance and behavior record in the Student Information System.
- Assign and monitor lockers.
- Supervise building security, maintains school crisis plan, and conduct ongoing safety training and drills.
- Work collaboratively with the police school liaison officer.
- Supervise and chaperone extra-curricular activities both at ICA Cristo Rey and away sites. (This includes overnight retreats, school dances, etc.)
We believe in restorative practices and teach students to resolve conflicts on their own, understand the impact of their actions, and acknowledge responsibility to the school community.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching experience preferred
- Experience effectively working with an urban, culturally diverse student population
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred but not required
- Send resume, cover letter and references to: email@example.com
Answer the following question:
At ICA Cristo Rey, it is important for us to maintain basic standards as a college-prep school with a corporate work-study program. We have expectations for student attire; we have policies governing the use of personal technology at school; we must have students arriving on time and staying accountable for their behavior and responsibilities; and perhaps most importantly, we have stated expectations to help our students treat each other, and the adults at school, with respect and maturity. It is essential that these standards are upheld and maintained across the whole community. At the same time, we must be conscious of the challenges our students face outside of school, and we must make efforts to "meet them where they are," treating them with an attitude of patience and restorative justice.
How will you balance the upholding and maintenance of stated expectations with the need of our students to have encouragement and compassion to grow? Given all the above, what do you believe is an effective approach to students who struggle with boundaries and procedures? (Maximum Response: 500 words)
Recruiter & Admissions Assistant: Full time
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the Director of Admissions & Enrollment to plan, build, execute and measure a strategic and tactical recruitment program that meets or exceeds target.
- Research, visit, and recruit in target neighborhoods, elementary/middle schools, after school programs, and parishes; develop relationships with these potential partners and current program partners with the goal of enrolling students.
- With the Directors of Admissions and Marketing, evaluate and redesign, where appropriate, all aspects of the admissions and marketing program including the Admissions website, with the goal of maintaining capacity enrollment and a waitlist of qualified applicants.
- With the Director of Admissions, plan, create, implement, execute, share, and evaluate the Admissions calendar.
- Maintains careful records of visits, interest, and follow-up.
- Coordinate and help lead participation in community-appropriate events, admissions fairs, and other off-site local recruitment events.
- Assist with the management of the entire recruitment funnel from nurturing leads to completing applications and enrollment deliverables while providing excellent customer service at all key stages of the funnel.
- Maintain relevant statistics on all aspects of the admissions program along with comparative bench-marking.
- Assists with on-site events including, but not limited to, fairs, open house, and tours as needed.
- Maintains a professional environment in which confidentiality and integrity are essential.
- Communicates internally and externally core messaging and admission process details.
- Serves a member of the Admissions Team and attends all pertinent meetings.
- Assist Director with administrative tasks, including but not limited to, phone calls, developing and sending mass emails to curated lists of recipients, assist with the development, update, and maintenance of forms.
We are looking for a candidate who can embrace, embody, and communicate the vision, mission, and values of ICA Cristo Rey. Someone who is forward thinking, dynamic and confident to represent our unique program to various audiences, most especially to programs that serve our target population and to low-income students and their families.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 2+ years working in Admissions.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Confident public speaker
- Bilingual in Spanish (written and spoken)
- Ability to work flexible hours (evening and weekends)
- Own transportation with full insurance coverage
- Ability to work in a team environment; to communicate clearly.
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and be a self-starter.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Previous experience in recruitment is desirable.
A Strong Candidate Posses the Following Traits:
- A deep commitment to the Mission of ICA Cristo Rey, and the ability to articulate the school’s mission clearly and effectively.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about girls’ education and the needs of young women in high school.
- Ability to listen deeply and “understand” what to communicate about ICA Cristo Rey in order to generate excitement for our school.
- Possess a learner’s mindset and be open to growth and new ideas.
- Fluency with technology and software implementation.
- Passion for results, strong work ethic, and a winning attitude.
Salary to be determined based on salary scale and experience with the possibility of a performance-based bonus. Health, dental, vision and retirement benefits available.
- Send resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Profile 2020-2021