How it works
Each participating organization pays $40,000 a school year for a full-time equivalent position. The funds go directly to the school to offset tuition costs and keep student-family costs affordable.
Four students job-share one full-time position, rotating each day of the week. Students are given hands-on training, and are insured and transported to work by ICA Cristo Rey.
CWSP Benefits the students
Increased self-esteem and confidence
Enhanced work ethic, motivation, curiosity and critical thinking skills
Students are placed in positions from multiple industries and career pathways to explore opportunities
Students develop necessary and marketable skills to be ready to participate in a diverse workforce
Students are nurtured in a network of supportive mentors and professional contacts
Growing awareness between a student’s academics, future education goals and career planning
CWSP Benefits the Partners
- Energetic, tech-savvy, young talent
- Engage with young staff developing in-demand technical and professional skills
- Add value to your teams’ workflows while empowering young women
- Knowing that they are engaged in path-changing work by mentoring students who would not have this opportunity without capable, willing supervisors
- Develop a pipeline of strong, diverse, and talented women